The term “Non-Personal Information” refers to information that is not personally identifiable to you and that is automatically collected when you access our website using a web browser. The information may also include publicly available information that you and others have shared.
“Personal Identifiable Information” is non-public information relating to you that is used to provide you with services through our Website. The Personal Identifiable Information we collect may include your name, e-mail address, and other personal information that you provide us with or that we obtain from you.
Information We Collect
When you use our Website, you are generally in control of the amount and type of information that you provide to us.
Visitors are welcome to browse our website to find out more about our website. As a visitor, you are not required to provide us with any personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you interact with us, we may process certain types of personal data about you, such as:
- Identity Data: this may include your first name, last name, username, or date of birth.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: this may include your credit card details.
- Transaction Data: this may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data: This may include login information, IP addresses, browser types and versions, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting, operating system and platform, and other technologies associated with the device you use to access our website.
- Profile Data: This information may include your username and password, purchases or orders, interests, preferences, feedback, and responses to surveys.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: This includes your preferences with regard to receiving marketing communications from us and third parties, as well as your preferences with regard to communication with us.
Computer Information Collected
As a result of the interaction between your mobile phone or web browser and our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information about you. In most cases, this type of information is considered non-personal information. Additionally, we collect the following information:
- Automatic Information
Your web browser and mobile device automatically provide us with information about you. Among the information collected is the name of the website from which you entered our site if any. In addition, the name of the website to which you are heading when you exit the site. Furthermore, the information includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet. It also includes the name of the Internet Website provider, the type of web browser, the type of mobile device, and the type of operating system on the computer. In order to improve our Website, we use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Customizing Our Website
To customize our Website, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information, along with any computer information we receive.
- Register You as a Customer
Our company collects and uses Personal Identifiable Information about you to deliver products and services, process your payments, and register you as a customer.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
Your Personally Identifiable Information will not be sold, rented, or otherwise transferred to third parties for marketing purposes. Occasionally, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with affiliates who assist us with the operation of our Website (e.g. payment processors, web hosting companies, etc.). Affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements that limit the use of such information.
The following third parties may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information:
- ConvertKit (Portland, OR USA)
- Google Apps (Mountain View, CA USA)
- Google Analytics (Mountain View, CA USA)
- Facebook via our Facebook groups (Menlo Park, CA USA)
- PayPal (San Jose, CA USA)
- Data Aggregation
In addition, we reserve the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information gathered from your use of our Website. This is for internal analytics that helps us improve the quality of the Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. These data aggregations do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
- Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal processes; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of The Money Skim, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
By using this website, you agree to allow us to transfer and store your information in the United States for the purposes described in this policy. In the United States, privacy protections and authorities’ access rights to your information may differ from those in your home country.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- Provided us with your details when opting into our free courses, resources, and challenges; and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us or third parties.
Our marketing communications will not apply to personal data we collect as a result of product/service purchases, warranty registrations, product/service experiences, or other interactions.
If you wish to exercise your “right to be forgotten” and have all Personally Identifiable Information deleted, please email us directly with your request: email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority in your local EU Member State under GDPR.
You can rest assured that your personal information is protected by appropriate security measures in order to prevent accidental loss, unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
Furthermore, we only allow employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties with a business need to see your personal information. Your personal data will be processed only on our instructions, and confidentiality obligations bind them.
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
It is necessary for us to retain customer data for a reasonable period of time (5+ years) in order to keep accurate records of accounting, taxes, and customer needs. A company’s data retention period varies depending on the system storing the information. This depends on when the user last accessed the system, and whether the information pertains to current or past clients.
Links to Other Websites
Advertising Privacy Statement
As part of its affiliation with Google Adsense, this Site places advertising on the website and Google Adsense collects and uses certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Google Adsense’s data usage, click here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of January, 1st 2019.