This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may get a commission, at no cost to you. Printables on this site are for personal use only. You may not alter them or redistribute them for monetary gain without written consent from the author, The Money Skim.DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
Are you looking to find one of the best online jobs out there?
Honestly there are so many amazing online jobs to choose from you just have to look in the right places.
We have found 15 of the best online jobs for working at home.
And, yes, many people earn a full-time income while working online jobs from home.
So, if you are looking to start making extra money or if you want a new career path that lets you earn money from home, this list of best online jobs is especially for you.
Online jobs are great for many reasons, our favorites are:
- You can work from home
- Have more time with for your family
- Have a more flexible schedule
- If you love to travel you can have more time for that
- Best of all no more driving in horrible weather to just get to work
If you are a parent who wants to have the flexibility to stay home with younger kids, a person who wants to increase their income more than your regular job can give you, or maybe you just want to start a new career than you can benefit from finding one of the best online jobs on this list.
All of the best online jobs on this list are legitimate jobs, career paths, or business ideas, so you don’t have to worry about work from home job scams. As always, they will have to put in the time and work to make these careers work, as all careers require.
Create A Blog
Blogging has changed the lives of thousands of people because it allows them to earn thousands of dollars a month, all by just blogging. How awesome would that be to be able to help others with your topics while making an income?
If you want to give blogging a try check out our article on how to get started and at a low cost as well.
Have you ever just scrolled through social media or other posts and just cringed at the improper grammar. Maybe you find yourself correcting grammar so often that you actually enjoy it.
Meet Caitlin she made slightly over $43,000 by being a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations. Check her course out Make Money Proofreading and see how you can make amazing money proofreading.
In her course she covers all these questions you may have:
- How to get started as a proofreader
- Who the typical clients are
- What kind of income can be made
- Whether anyone can be a proofreader or not
- What kind of training you need, and more
- Online jobs info
Caitlin also has a great FREE 7-day course just for people who want to stop wasting time and start making more money with their proofreading skills.
Build an Online Store
Is selling something your really good at but maybe don’t have the capital for a storefront than an online store is for you. You can make a money-making store with either Shopify or Etsy. Both have great options for beginners.
If you have your own items to sell then Etsy may be the road you take. Maybe you want an online store but aren’t sure what to sell just yet well Shopify is the answer. They have many suppliers to choose from and you can find the items you want to sell. The best part is you can customize the shop as well as the items you choose to sell.
Help Business on Facebook
You can easily make money on Facebook by running ads for local businesses. This can be a great opportunity to work with great business while working from home. You can create relationships that may lead you to your future career if this one is only temporary.
If you are ready to manage Facebook Ads for local businesses then check out this course that will get you ready to be successful. Facebook Side Hustle Course teaches you how to successfully make money running Facebook ads for local businesses.
Write Your Own eBook
Writing your own eBook is a great way to make money online, and there is probably something super helpful that you could write about (even if you think otherwise!).
From Blog To Book, is a course that will help you write, launch, and market your first book.
Some of the modules in the course include:
- Mapping Out Your Book Content
- Strategies for Writing Your Next 30,000 Words
- Where to Publish Your Book
- Tutorial: Getting Your Book on Amazon
- Design Your Book Cover
- Set Pricing for Your Book
- Create Your Marketing Plan
Not only does the internet allow us to complete more daily tasks online, more and more people are working from home in fields such as blogging, social media, etc. This means there are more and more virtual assistant jobs, making it one of the best online jobs today.
Virtual assistant tasks may include social media management, formatting, and editing content, scheduling appointments or travel, email management, and more. As a result, you can get paid to do any task that needs to be done in someone’s business but doesn’t need to be done by them.
$10K VA is a course that teaches you exactly how you can make a consistent $10,000 per month as a virtual assistant too!
- How much can a beginner VA expect to make
- How a person can find their first virtual assistant job
- The steps to become a VA
- Her best tips for being a VA
Make Money on Pinterest
To continue with the above, we do want to talk about how you can become a Pinterest virtual assistant as well.
This is where you help businesses improve their reach on Pinterest. This could be:
- Designing Pinterest images for their website
- Helping business owners set up their Pinterest account
- Scheduling pins so that they are consistent because those produce results
- Creating a marketing plan, and more
Transcription work is a growing field.
If you want a successful career as a Transcriptionist looks into the course Transcribe Anywhere.
The course will go over things such as:
- What a transcriptionist is
- How you can get started as a transcriptionist
- What kind of money you can expect to make
- The type of training you need, and more
Now of days working from home as a customer service rep is becoming more and more normal. In a few years, we will probably be 75% of work from home positions.
Customer service representatives may be responsible for a number of things, like:
- Working at an online call center
- Working as a chat agent
- Offering technical support
- Virtual assistant tasks
- Working as a travel agent
Companies like Apple, American Express, UHAUL, and more are now offering these types of jobs.
Resell Online Items
Have you ever found something that you thought you may be able to resell and actually make some money?
Some of the best flipped items people have done include:
- Someone bought a car that was $200 and all it needed was gas, carwash, and interior cleaning it was sold for $2,580 in two days.
- A powerwasher bought for $20 was tuned up for $10 and sold for $150 in 1 day
- A prosthetic leg that they bought for $30 at a flea market and sold for $1,000 on eBay the next day
It does not hurt to look around on online garages, regular gargae sales and even stuff people throw out on the curb to see if you can get it for cheap and resell it online. People make great money by doing this.
Bookkeeper Launch, explains how becoming a bookkeeper may be a possibility for you.
This is one of the best online jobs because you don’t have to be an accountant or have any previous experience!
In this course, they talk about:
- What a bookkeeper is
- The typical clients a bookkeeper has
- How much new bookkeepers earn
- How to become a bookkeeper
- The positives and negatives of bookkeeping, and more
Are you looking for a flexible side hustle as an online tutor?
Course Hero is a website that helps high school and college students with course-specific questions.
Using the website, students are able to connect with Course Hero tutors on a wide range of subjects and classes.
Tutors earn an average of $3 for each question they answer on Course Hero. Earning between $12-$20 per hour, Course Hero tutors earn an average of $300/week.
A freelance writer is someone who writes for a number of different clients, such as websites, blogs, magazines, and more. As a result, you will not work for one specific company, rather you work for yourself and contract out your writing.
EarnMoreWriting.com is a course that will show you how to be a successful freelance writer.
The freelance writing course includes nine video modules, several printable worksheets, and so much more. Here are some of the things you can expect to learn if you take the freelance writing course:
- Discover the #1 most important thing you can do so you can get paid writing jobs
- Learn how to find beginner-level jobs and move up over time
- How price affects the amount of work you get
- Learn which types of jobs help Holly earn the most pay, and where you can find them
- Find out which online platforms work best for finding paid work, and how to use them
- Learn how to structure your workday to earn six figures or more
Learning how to teach English online has become very popular, making it one of the best online jobs to work from home.
The best part is you don’t need to be a teacher to learn how to teach English online. You just have to be able to speak English.
The amount of money you can earn teaching English online will vary, but it’s typically around $14 to $22 per hour.
Sell Items on Amazon
If you want to learn how you can make money selling items on Amazon check out this FREE 7-day course that will teach you everything you need to know in order to start selling on Amazon. I recommend signing up for it now!
How To Work From Home Selling On Amazon FBA, the course will talk about:
- What exactly Amazon FBA is
- How to choose what to buy and sell
- How much a person can expect to earn
- The positives of selling on Amazon, and more
More at The Money Skim
PIN FOR LATER